Friday 8 July 2011

lament to love.

oh, love!
consume me
such a time has passed
my mind, a soundless void
i am lost without you
no drive, ambition
no dreams to strive for
i wander along a path
aimlessly
calling your name
my being, soul in itself
so meaningless, existence
here i am
there is nothing i am worth
should i lack you in my heart
this path, once moonlight silver
a mirror, water's edge
my soles caressed the surface
single roses drifting
towards that inky blue
now, each petal sinking
whilst i travel, no companion
alone, always searching
clawing in the dark
strike me, if you must
just to know your presence near
mere corpse, hence my stillness
without your gushing blood to fill
writhe in my gaping wounds, do not hide!
i crave your presence at my side
save me, while your mercy shines
for life is but, an empty ocean
without love to swell the tide.

No comments: