Sunday 20 January 2013

from one dream to another.

Awakened from a dark night of sensual memories
Fragmented dreams, and a ball of jealous fur
I see your body shift in the dim haze of dawn
Head tilting, slowly
Until the shutters of your mind rise, and your sight
Meets mine, softly colliding
Settling in contentment as the news sinks in
You fell asleep in my arms, and I'm still here.

I lose myself in your eyes
- I'm dreaming again -
The beauty of your inner soul
Encapsulated in a deep, caramel brown
Your skin, so smooth, I trace my finger
Across your cheek in disbelief
That I'm lying within the warmth of
Your body heat, trapped beneath the sheets
Alongside you, this one glance as assuring
As if you'd wrapped your arms around me again
Tightly, like you'd never let me go,
As if I'd ever want you to.

Your lips, slightly pouted from the misfortune of
Full consciousness so early, yet always perfect
We touch, my lips to yours, light as the flakes of snow
That gently drift outside
You lift my hand and place it
At the pit of your stomach, the source of your pain
A monthly joy, so despised
I caress you, can't quite help it
There's so much of you I can't resist.

Our faces close, the curve of a smile begins
Another morning in the comfort of your presence,
Safe and loved, nothing else exists
When I wake up next to you
On the cusp of another day, with thoughts of
The night before enough to nudge me forwards
And a delicate whisper, familiar to my ears
Rippling through the silence,
Like a breadcrumb dropped on still water;
"Hello."
Good morning, my love.


No comments: