Thursday 8 May 2014

peace.

The sky shimmers before me
An ever-moving surface, ripples and
Blades of white and blue
Through the gentle, curving arms
Bark and leaves above
Greening in the sunlight

The rain has passed,
I could move, but
I'm paralysed in place
All sound has gone,
It's peaceful

I wonder how cool and 
Quieter still, beneath the surface
It could be,
I wonder, if I never moved
From this spot again

No one would notice
Until darkness later
But the voices would fade,
Gradually
My heart would stop hammering
In my chest, the pain would calm
I'd stop shaking,
Tears would never fall again
All the worry, the weight
Would cease to be
It'd melt into the ground
Through my feet, cementing me in place
Rooted, but free
The breeze again my skin, stone white
Mind encased, words faltering
Preventing me from causing anyone
Any hurt again.

Silence in my head and heart
I'd fall quietly from the world
It'd be a far better place
If I stayed here in this place.


No comments: