Wednesday 31 December 2014

black hole.

i am nothing
i cannot express it more simply than that
i am worth no time, no effort
nothing on your part

compliment, criticism,
they bounce, equally
like invalid cheques
for the account does not exist
i cannot accept either
for i am emptiness
i am vacancy
i am worthlessness
i am desolation

i am, even
that statement does not apply
these inhabited set of cells
useless, no function
they collide with lives
somewhere, guilt-ridden
no one deserves to be affected
by something of such little substance
i am sorry

sorry for my existence
the energy to care has left me
so why do i live anymore
why should i be substantial
what claim have i
to occupy space
to consume air

within this grey i reside
waiting, for absolution
for pardon
simply wasteful
of God's good earth
and infinite love
i deserve neither
for how can a vacuum
be deserving of any right

release me soon, i beg you
before this nothingness
begins to collapse
fold into itself
and drag others down
with it
let me go
let me fade
allow the empty
to cease existing

a flicker of sanity left
one hope
don't let me suck the life
from anyone else
let this end
please.

No comments: