Sunday 22 May 2011

crimson angel.

a strange girl, i first thought
as she presented herself
subtly, with the sound of tearing
paper beneath that fateful manuscript
laced with poison ink. fatal,
from once written to last read.

but the girl
besides the many words, i was
speechless.

hair, tangled, various shades of
pink skin, pale, her delicate form
portrayed in the slight turn of her head
gazing over bare shoulder
right through me, with those deep
shining eyes, those emerald moons
unflinching.

she's seen everything
knowing, in her quiet way
what a fool i have been
yet her expression never falters
never judges, despite
my tears, endless frustrations
hopeless, cases of unrequited affections

crimson angel,
if only humans were this fair.

so am i being cruel
locking you away
it is no fault of yours that
your crafter was an artist
this is no elegy, for
you will not be forgotten
this is no, simply cast aside
i ask for a while to collect
my trinket thoughts

my crimson angel
that face, a mystery to me.
those sad, shining eyes.
you have had your way with me.
rest, now.

No comments: