Tuesday 23 July 2013

nature's seduction.

I talk, walk, eat, sit, sleep, give a damn
About where I'm going
And what I'm doing
I see people, hear people, know people
But still an enveloping, encroaching sense of
Loneliness, growing, each passing minute

It's not the same, without you here
My aim in life, no longer clear
I've even forgotten
What your voice sounds like
Nearly

Talking, walking, sitting, sleeping
Giving a damn, it seems so pointless
It carries on, what else to do
But lie and mope, waiting
Now that's just pathetic
I have a life, I am a life
I'll die for you, but I can't live for you
Sure seems like it though

We stood on a shore, not long ago
Watching the tide, swallow the beach
Returning back to, beneath shadowy waters
The moon, a conductor
Stirring an invisible baton
In time with a soundless, endless rhythm
Of wave upon wave

Nature's seduction, you said
The ocean luring its gritty counterparts
Under her blue-black surface
A mirror, for all the world to see
But below, a civilization brimming
With life, thought, and colour
That we can touch, but never know
Those sirens pulling us under, under
A trusting inducement

I trust you, willingly
As you pull me closer, deeper
I only hope I can breathe down here
Don't leave me drowning
Come back, my dear
I need someone
To swim towards
A direction
To be led towards
Come be my siren
Seduce me again

No, just come back, my darling,
And love me instead.




No comments: