Sunday 19 October 2014

blue, black, fading.

Bruised,
Like last week's beating
Starting to fade
Yet a blue, black outline
Lingers on pale skin

I can feel your hands
Gripping my heart
I want it back
Or do I
Some days I try, I pull
See myself tearing it away from you
Other days, it stays 
Locked in your grasp
And I watch it beating there
Content to have you hold it
Like you have 
For such a long time

One day
You're going to throw it back at me
You'll disgust yourself with the thought
That you ever touched it
And I'm waiting, right here
To catch it
And drop it
And lose it

It feels like its already fading
Just a mark on pale skin
Blue, black, fading
Not the beating, life-sustaining
Centre of warmth that it should be

I'll stare out of that window
Landscape passing in a blur
And it'll no longer rush
At the though of seeing you
It'll no longer pound in anticipation
Or break, at that distance
Growing between us again

No, it will see nothing
But bleak endless nothing
Slipping into grey
And I won't feel anything
Just, empty
And an ache
That fucking ache
It feels sometimes like
That's all I'll ever have
The one constant,
Accompanied by the whispers
On the edges of my mind 

Gaps in my sanity,
An empty void in my chest
And it'll all be gone
Blue, then black, fading
Soon enough.























No comments: