Monday 31 January 2011

my only exception.

fingernails scrape across raw, bitter skin
wrists restrained behind cold metal bars
eyes closed, lips apart
bruises flourish, caught between teeth
you never asked
i never asked
we never had the chance

hand in hand,
blades of grass whispering against shins
as the sun sets behind us
we forgot to return
happy, as lovers should be
simple contact infused with emotion
i thought the world lay before us
but we never had the chance

lying in the heat
a haze, passion in tangible form
we grasped it
bodies close, minds closer
no need for time, lost in eachother
interrupted, i don't think we finished
we just never had the chance

now
i look towards his silver surface
and see your face
i struggle to tear my gaze away
your love in chains
they hurt, i can't breathe
cannot move away
letters, words, pass me by
i am left behind
we never had the chance

blood mixed with tears
hate entwined with love
the soft, white fabric clings to your chest
a touch to my spine
a smile, as my limbs shake
the connection shared, my soul bared
reflected in the darkest brown
you, my only exception
i gave it all to you
we never had the chance
i never had the chance
to say how much i loved you.

No comments: