Monday 7 March 2011

greed.

when you ordered me to go
when you asked me to leave
not only did you bargain with my soul
and sell me to grief.

you gave my body to the carbs
the additives, the meals
filled me up with grease and lard
became routine, to seal the deal.

i found solace in satisfaction
as bricks slipped between my lips
i turned into contradiction
of my own self-control tips.

it was when i stopped and thought
when grief and greed set me free
i saw the gentle peace i'd sought
had stained my liberty.

you in turn don't understand
when i hide from searching eyes
as soft bricks pass from palm of hand
into stomach i despise.

self-image now in disrepair
confidence lost at sea
my appearance is too much to bear
although so many disagree.

never confiding my addiction
whilst i gorged through crumb and plate
my weight a burden, i predicted
as my hands begin to shake.


No comments: