Tuesday 29 March 2011

scent.

feelings have faded
   but your scent is still strong
      trapped between my bedsheets
         as i stride past you, standing
            stored in my memory
               my breath is stolen
          heart stops
   too easy to survive on
      your scent alone, oxygen aside
         stays with me
            sticks to my clothes, my skin
               feelings have faded
                  but your scent still
                     stimulates my mind
                        my secret desires
                           stories from the past
                              sideway streets and musty rooms
                                 eyes search star-wards
                         still waiting
      for a similar entrancing scent
         to scream for my attention
            my hopes are stifled
               each time i stride past you, standing.

No comments: