Sunday 10 April 2011

losing it.

its slipping away
i can feel it
whatever it is.

hands linger between impatient numbers
time to spare
falling to the floor, back against tile
head resting on bruises
i let the water cascade
burning, over bare skin
rivulets despairing, rushing away
deafened, trapped - willingly
deep breaths, they echo.

i can't hold onto it any longer
it doesn't seem like a way of life anymore
it used to be exciting, it used to be, me
now, it is a cage
they expect me to turn back, to fail
but it is my own hands
at my back, the base of my spine
that are pushing me forward.

even she, who must not be named
can provide no relief
even he, who must not be maimed
says it will only get harder.

feelings, emotions,
so hard to express
in words, to you
occasionally, numbers are fair
drenched, as i'm submerged
as the cage becomes tangible
but it slips away all the more
through sliding fingers
escaping

cannot live
without knowing what i am
for if i don't know that
then i am truly, alone

the last drops, plink
against white
bright lights
bars pressed to me
it hurts to shake
the water stops.



 








1 comment:

TheWorm said...

you are not alone, you know...
you are not alone, BECAUSE you know.