Friday 20 April 2012

show me grief.

I dream of you,
Gone from me
I’m lost in white, you lost in darkness
I can’t reach you
Slipping away, I can only feel the emptiness
Of you not here.

I don’t need to see
Your soul has already faded
A world created, without you
How can I breathe this air?
When the beauty of your being
Every word you wrote
Word you spoke
Means nothing anymore
You were never here.

I sink to my knees
Hold my head in my hands
Curl up tight, throat locked
I don’t want to breathe if you can’t
I hardly know I’m shaking
Can’t hear a thing
I will never hear your voice again
Your laughter
Calling me across a field
I don’t a world void of the sound of you.

The tears are last to come
Barely noticed
A wretched gasp
Face forever stained with
The wet black of grief
Rid me of this body
Of futile mortality
The stench of skin makes me sick.

I don’t want life,
There is beauty in nothing
Without you to show me
To pour colour and hope
Music and language
Wit and charm
Gushing light
Over everything you touch.

Can’t you see?
You told me the love
That flowed between us was
More than any romance
A friendship, thicker than blood
Need is too fickle a word
I don’t want my heart to beat
Without you.

I cling to air
And fall through it
Gone from me.
As Life itself.

No comments: