Friday 20 April 2012

wandering eyes.

And the toxic melancholy of soft white keys
White on black, to the past and back
Draw the darkness closer, a cloak
To disguise my desires in dreams
Without judgement or thought
I may dwell on your face
For that one last time

Final indulgence with every passing note
Loving you would be so easy
Effortless, as you glide your hands over
Ivory valley, ebony peak
Curling shadows cascading
As you lean in, head down, absorbed
Each melodic twist and turn
Formed by icy hands, a cool touch
Yours to claim, and claim you will
For the world won’t stop you

Those soft, white keys to your mind,
Too clever, those eyes
Too beautiful, a deep emerald green
Like wading in waist-high grass
Swaying in the breeze
To the harmony of your secret heart

I could lose myself, immerse myself
Holding this rope seems suicidal,
For how can I stand here and and gaze from afar
When jumping would raise me only closer to the sky
That split second is all I ask for

When she looks up from her trance
And her gaze rests on mine, fleeting -
And she fades away, in morning light
Dark cloak retreating
I’m left, soul beating
For those eyes I barely glimpsed
Green fields, aflame with yearning
No, this woman, this girl is just a dream
Stirred by this toxic melancholy
Of soft, white keys
In the youthful, lonely morning hours.

No comments: