Wednesday 10 September 2014

dream, struggling.

Coarse,
It grates against 
The bruised skin on my neck
Blinded,
I see nothing
Feel my breath 
Clouding around my face
Trapped, inside this
Dusty, sweaty sack
Blood roaring in my ears
A force slams into my back
The floor beneath my feet, gone -

And I fall
Air snatched away
A vice clamped around my throat
The rope cuts, and closes
Sack, suffocates, and

I struggle
And struggle
And struggle

Legs flailing,
Wrists bound, fists clenching
And I struggle, still

Threatening to cave
Under immense deprivation
And yet, I linger 
Only seeing darkness
Paralysed between
And I struggle
It won't end
Constantly, dying






I wake, 
My own hands clasped
At my neck
Thumbs pressed inwards
And I wonder,
Why must I always be asleep
Unaware, no control
Not enough motivation
To just, press
And hold
And hold
And fall.

No comments: