Sunday 19 September 2010

florence ...

if you could only see
the beast you made of me
i held in
but now it seems you set it running free
screaming in the dark
i howl when we're apart
drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart
my fingers claw your skin
try to tear my way in
you are the moon that breaks at night for when i have to

howl ...

now there's no holding back
i'm making to attack
my blood is stinging with your voice
i want to pour it all
the saints can't help me now
the ropes have been unbound
i hunt for you with bloody feet across the hallowed ground
like some child possesed
the beast howls in my veins
i want to find you, tear out all your tenderness

howl ...

be careful of the curse
that falls on young lovers
start so soft and sweet
then turns them to hunters

hunters
hunted

the fabric of your flesh
pure as a wedding dress
until i wrap myself inside your arms i cannot rest
the saints can't help me now
the ropes have been unbound
i hunt for you with bloody feet across the hallowed ground.

No comments: