Monday 20 September 2010

blameless.

when did a casual embrace at the end of the day
become a shove in the chest down a flight of stairs?

i must've missed it when everything changed.

my movements, my life, all measured by the intensity of pain.
no-one is to blame, but who can blame me for wanting to know the source of my agony?

something is trying to break free inside me
i'm hiding from someone, to my cost
i'm denying the world my true identity
maybe He's attempting to talk to me
my heart is being crushed continuously with every disappointment
i'm trapped within myself, against my will
lost in a circumstance i don't understand
afraid of what my world will think
a shield from the worst
an influence from others
an escape
a cage
a punishment for my many sins
a beating bass rhythm resisting the melody
a raging, internal fire
a thirst never quenched
lungs bursting, sides splitting
yet the race has many miles to go
lying in a ditch, the cold air piercing my skin
bite marks, deep and bloody, sinking through muscle and bone
a constant echo in my head, again and again and again and again and again

i just wish i knew what it was.

3 comments:

TheWorm said...

first two lines. i know what your saying.
i get it. and i wish it was explainable.

love the way your writting here, its from the body. an organ in particular. The heart. this you do not need to say. again, a few questions lols, but overall, love it(:

Al said...

if it was explainable, then life would be too easy.
don't think its finished, but thankyou :)

The Ignorant Music Lover. said...

"a beating bass rhythm resisting the melody"

that could possibly be one of my fav lines ever wrote.